Unlock the possibilities and make the most of your network assets.
spatialNET® enables you to leverage the power of your network asset data throughout your organization to drive sales, marketing, construction, circuit planning, provisioning and network health monitoring. It also helps network engineers design and manage fiber, coax, copper and power networks.
spatialNET is the leading fiber optic design solution in the cable and telecommunications marketplace. We model the modern network elements used in telecommunications and cable TV networks, from CMTS, modulators, transmitters and couplers in your headend, through multichannel fiber networks, to fiber nodes and sites in the field. Fiber-specific features include:
- Advanced fiber route design, cable management and fiber splicing
- Channel multiplexing on individual fibers, including CWDM/DWDM
- Advanced fiber tracing
- Lease and ownership management for cables, fibers and circuits
- Route-finding tools to plan diverse network paths between two sites
spatialNET enables your network designs to transfer seamlessly from outside plant to inside plant. With support for multiple floor plans, rack elevation views, drag-and-drop network connections and inside plant schematic diagrams, spatialNET allows you to model all aspects of your inside plant networks.
It models racks, chassis, cards, ports and fiber entrance cabinets, as well as splicing and multi-fiber cables throughout your inside plant buildings. You can easily visualize how your network connects inside your headend with schematic diagrams of optical couplers and coaxial combiners.
Coaxial Network Design
With the sophisticated content delivered by modern HFC networks, designers must handle the increasing demand for high-bandwidth data services, telephony, video-on-demand and HD video. spatialNET helps users design and extend their coaxial networks with features that include:
- Design profiles: Define acceptable equipment combinations to use in different system designs
- Active equipment modeling: Model the actives, nodes and their internal equipment that service the high-bandwidth regions of your network
- Node port management: Track individual fiber-to-buss port assignments at your nodes
- Comprehensive equipment dictionary support: Manage multiple design profiles based on the same equipment and alteration of levels for different nodes
- Interactive equipment connectivity: Drag and drop equipment and cables to form connections and use CAD snapping modes to manage equipment clusters and white space
You can design and easily manage the details of your twisted pair copper networks. spatialNET's copper management tools track details and locations of cables, splice cases, terminal blocks, cross-connects and in-line equipment. Its features help you to:
- Easily create and annotate industry-standard twisted pair with detailed attribute data including cable length and utilization
- Define any special usages of copper pairs such as DSL or T1
- Search for and display details of any network item
- Integrate with existing continuing property records
- Visualize, model and manage copper pairs and fiber cable as a network schematic for both inside plant and outside plant
spatialNET supports sophisticated job management that enables two or more users to work in the same physical area at the same time. Any conflicts in network connectivity or other operations are immediately flagged by the system so users don't overwrite each other's changes. Jobs can be published for review before they're committed to the final database.
Land Base and Address Management
spatialNET provides tools to manage your address, parcel, and street centerline data. Addressing features include: modeling single-family units, multi-dwelling units that include MDU floor plan drawings, multi-tower buildings, building risers, and coaxial cable on multiple levels of a multi-story buildings.
The system also supports fully modeled parcel data with searchable attributes. Addresses can be created automatically from your parcel maps to simplify the address creation process. Roads can be viewed and automatically labeled for quick navigation around the map base, and the road network can be used for finding addresses that don't yet exist in design.
Open Access and Integration
spatialNET is tightly integrated with AutoCAD Map. It uses a standard and highly scalable Oracle spatial database without any special plug-ins or proprietary file formats. All network data, including geometry, connectivity and containment is stored in the Oracle database using standard Oracle data types.
Web services are available to access your complex network data from any business-to-business application. We also provide data migration services to migrate your existing network data to the Oracle database for use in the spatialNET application.